Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Warm Weather Sales

Last week we had lovely February weather in the 40s -- nice enough to get all of us here in Michigan 'thinking spring' (weren't we silly . . . we got 10" of snow on Sunday)!

The sales I went to were crowded, but standing in line outside wasn't bad because of the great weather! Even though the prices were pretty high, I managed to get some good things:

Three tablecloths
Lots of dishtowels, including 2 English souvenir maps (I won't be getting rid of those!)
A collection of great glass & some melmac from the 60s & 70s!
Some cool housewares & glass -- my favorites are the rolling pin with the unusual handles and the cherry pitter top on the canning jar. I've never seen one of these before!
An cherry decorated china platter and a German trinket dish with a ballerina on top who has a dresden lace tutu (too too fun)!
A LOT of pyrex! I blogged about it over at the Pyrex Collective. You can see it all by clicking the picture below:

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I love your bargins, the pyrex bowls are different, haven't seen anything like that before.

Bee happy x

Protector of Vintage said...

Wow, you found wonderful treasures!!

emily alix said...

Great finds! LOVE the tablecloths and dish towels!

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: