Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Great (BIG) Sale

I wanted to tell you about the sale that Bargain Hunter and I went to today. It had so much stuff that the dealer rented the local VFW hall for it. The 'good stuff' filled the main hall and the 'picker junk' filled the big (unheated!) storage room behind it. There were so many people there and the tables were so close together that it was almost impossible to move around.

The prices weren't the highest I'd seen at a sale, but they weren't low, either. I got some things to keep and some things to sell, but no real bargains.

Lies van Willes (children's illustrator) print, which I'm keepingA blue patterned tablecloth, a cut of vintage fabric and a really green & pink flowered tablecloth with a BIG hole (this will be a project later)
It looks like I'm getting ready for St. Patrick's day, but really the lady whose estate it was just really liked green
A rooster apron (keep) and a full apron with embroidered butterfliesA pink swing that may have been intended for toddlers, but I'd sell as a doll swing. It's really cute, but not very sturdyThe little golden book A Child's Garden of Verses that combines two of my favorites: Robert Louis Stevenson & Eloise Wilkin (the illustrator)
The box of iron-on transfers that I posted about earlier todayAfter that sale, we went to the dealer's antique shop and I got this great turquoise bowl. Merry Christmas to me -- thanks, Aunt Gene!We stopped back at another sale we'd both gone to yesterday and I picked up one more thing -- a 1950s high chair that converts to a toddler's seat & table
I might go back to the big sale again tomorrow, when everything will be 1/2 price, just to see what's left (maybe there will finally be some bargains)!

4 comments:

Zootsuitmama said...

Every single thing is AWESOME and the Green is especially cool. Do you have a shop?

Zootsuitmama said...

Duh! Never mind...I knew you just opened a booth! Do you have an online site?

Anne@Kitschy Vintage said...

I sell on Etsy -- just look for me at http://www.etsy.com/shop/KitschyVintage?ref=hdr I'd love to have you visit, zootsuitmama!

Now that the booth is open I've got several things I'll be listing this week -- lots of vintage buttons and some other fun stuff!

Scarlett said...

Amazing finds!! Love them all. Im the same, I love finding vintage treasures - check out my blog sometime, I'd love to know what you think :o). Hope you dont mind that I follow you, you're blog is right up my street - love it.
Scarlett x (scarlettloveselvis)

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: