Sunday, February 6, 2011

Children's Record Clock

Take a look at my newest project! I bought a box lot of children's records at a sale last week, most of which were scratched and unplayable. When zootsuitmama saw the picture, she suggested that I make clocks out of them. Thanks, zootsuitmama!I bought a clockwork kit at the local hobby store and got to work this afternoon. It wasn't too difficult -- the hardest part was figuring out the order for placing the hands on the clock, since it came with no instructions at all.I'd like to make more and give some as gifts and sell others either on Etsy or in the booth. I'll be looking for more children's records at sales I go to now!

I'm having trouble pricing these! Help me out, if you would, dear readers . . . if you wanted to buy this record clock for your nursery, studio or kitchen, what would you be willing to pay for it?

3 comments:

Zootsuitmama said...

Those turned out great! I'd buy one!!!

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

Looking forward to seeing them in person! :)

crit said...

so so cool! as for price, i'd probably pay about $15 for one in a store. i'd love to get the niecey discount though! ;)

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: