Friday, February 4, 2011

A Prince of a Sale Day!

Today was a beautiful, sunny day, though pretty cold -- it was only 12 degrees when we set out at 7:15 in the dark. My friend, Bargain Hunter, and I had a great time as we went westward to 3 sales and an antiques store. I got some WONDERFUL things -- mostly ready to go, but a few projects in waiting. And you know I love a good project!

Here are some of my Friday 'treasures':
A 1960s toaster -- SO COOL!

Several pieces of Pyrex
Some 1970s custard cups with mushrooms (magic mushrooms?) on them3 butter knives in my wedding pattern (and my mother's AND my niece's), Coronation3 Vintage clip-on skates (it's been a LONG time since I saw any of these)6 1950s pamphlet cookbooks -- these are so much fun!14 Children's booksA pile of old 78 & 45 rpm children's records -- so much fun!A vintage portable baby bed -- probably from the 1960sAn old vanity bench -- a project to restore and refinish - you'll see more on this laterSeveral orphaned pages and maps from books (you'll see more of these later, too)And here's the prize of the day -- a yellow formica and chrome table (it matches the Beetle, doesn't it?)
Then when I got home, I found that THIS treasure had arrived -- a new addition to the Queen Elizabeth collection -- a little pamphlet about her as an (obviously) wife and mother before she took the throne. It's always a happy day when something arrives with the queen's picture on it!

I have to say -- this day was just more fun than any one woman should have! Did you have any fun junking adventures this week?

4 comments:

Zootsuitmama said...

Yes! Check out Zootsuitmama! I love your finds. Those records make really cute clocks! Just buy a clock kit and put the hands through the hole in the record! I saw it in Mary Engelbreight, and they used colored pom poms for the numbers.

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

fab purchases. I love formica x

Tabbyroo said...

Enjoyed looking through your vintage treasure, great finds Linda :)

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, thank you so much for posting your pics. We have been reminiscing about that portable baby bed and I haven't been able to find a picture to show my sister. So, if you recess two legs on one side, the bed would fit in the back seat of the car and off on vacation we would go with my baby sister flying all over in her baby bassinet.

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: