Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Retro Ceramic 'Pineapple' Lamp

I got this lamp at a sale this summer. It was down in the basement on a worktable -- it was off-center, the cord was frayed & spliced with oilcloth tape, the socket was disconnected and the whole thing was covered in nasty, greasy dirt. The estate dealer thought it was such a lost cause that he sold me a 1960s lamp for $1! I loved the color, loved the gold design and loved the wire accent at the top. This lamp was perfect -- it just needed a little TLC (and rewiring).

Now that Christmas is over and the booth is set up, I finally got to work on it. Look at it now! If you aren't a lover of all things retro, you'll probably think it was time wasted & that the lamp is still a lost cause. I, however, think it's just wonderful!
I still want to find another rice paper shade for it, because I want to keep this one. Though I know I could (and probably will) sell it in the booth, it's going to be really hard to part with my beautiful teal pineapple lamp!

6 comments:

ILoveCollecting said...

Love it!!

Megan said...

i love it too!

Zootsuitmama said...

Whoo hoo! Awesome. Love the color!

Tabbyroo said...

What a bargain, beautiful colour Linda :)

Curtains in My Tree said...

While I was surfing around blogs I found yours and as I read back through older posts I seen where you found some coronation silverware. That was my Mom's pattern she bought it in 1957.

Now I have a set also

JAnice

Anne@Kitschy Vintage said...

@Janice (Curtains In My Tree)- I have Coronation, also. My mother had it and I always loved the way it looked (and felt in the hand). It was reissued the year I got married to commemorate the 25 year anniversary of Queen Elizabeth's coronation, so I got it, too! My niece now has my mother's set, so I guess it's our 'family pattern'.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'll hope you'll stop back to see what's going on...

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: