Sunday, July 3, 2011

New Booth

Tonight I finally have a chance to sit down and update on my new booth!

Settling in on Friday was a much bigger job than I had anticipated. The booth had been 'decorated' years ago by a woman who sold only mid-century and retro. She hand-painted the walls with color block boxes, martini glasses (think Mad Men) and starbursts. The walls were very cool, but also very distracting. As one of my dealer friends said, "You're in business to sell your stuff, not to sell the walls". Anyway, when we got there, I hung up the first thing on the wall and it immediately disappeared into the design. So...the design had to go! We almost matched the paint perfectly and tried to just cover the blocks and pictures, but then it looked like something had been painted over. In the end, we repainted all the walls.

One of the best things about the booth is the black and white floor that the original person put down -- it looks just like my kitchen floor! Doesn't it look great? I think it will help people remember my booth, too.

The 12 x12 booth seems really big and all that empty space was more than a little overwhelming! After day 1, it looked really empty -- just like the ones where BH & I ask each other, "Who can afford to rent a booth and put so little stuff in?" Today we took lots more over and it's starting to come together. I'll continue to tweak it and rearrange, but I'm feeling pretty happy about it, and REALLY relieved to have this long couple of weeks behind me!Now I finally have time to check out everyone else's blogs and see what I've been missing!

Have a fun and safe Independence Day , fellow Americans. For my British friends, I hope your Monday is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: