Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring 2011 Flea Market Style

The Flea Market Style magazine for Spring, 2011 has hit the stores! I got my copy yesterday and urge you all to go out and pick one up. Every page I turned to had a great idea for making something fantastic from something found.

I wish I could be one of the super-creative people who are featured in this magazine (as several of the bloggers I follow are), but for now I'll just be content to 'sit at the feet (or check out the blogs) of the masters'.

The one repurpose I can't wait to try is to turn old silverware into plant sticks by stamping the plant names onto the bowls of the spoons and the handles of forks. Now I'm on the lookout for a good source for inexpensive alphabet metal stamps. I have so many pieces of old silverplate already & you can always pick them up for very little at the markets.

Another great idea is using a croquet mallet as a curtain rod (attaching the mallet to the window frame with a cabinet door hinge). How clever is that!

There are so many great ideas in this mag -- hurry out and buy it. You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

emily alix said...

I had to go out and buy it, too! It was the first one that I have found and now I am addicted.

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: