Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fun Friday Sales

Last week I finally had a day off to do some thrift shopping. After a summer of garage sales (great bargains, but LOTS of frogs to kiss in order to find a prince), I was really hoping to go to an estate sale or two. As luck would have it, there were 5 in a 10 block area in a town about 45 minutes away, so I set out early Friday morning.

I found lots of great stuff! None of the sales looked particularly exciting from the pictures, but you just never know if the dealers' idea of a treasure is the same as your own -- often they only shoot the high-end stuff and the diamonds-in-the-rough are hidden away. Here's what the kitchen looked like when I finally got MOST of it inside...
Most everything I found will either go in the booth or on Etsy, though I'm planning to keep a few. Here are some of the things that I got:
The pickle jars are really old and the recipe box is just full of old recipes
This is a great black organza half apron with rosebud fabric over it!
I'm keeping this very fun reversible plastic tablecloth -- Christmas on one side and Happy Birthday on the other
A sweet framed twins picture and lots of babies' and children's hangers
Lots of old Little Golden Books
Aren't these pearled & beaded collars beautiful? I don't know if women wore them on blouses or as a choker.
I never can resist old ornaments!
This great aluminum cart was down in the laundry room covered with stuff! It folds down, which is the only way I got it in my little car
I got a new (old) granny cart (the one on the left.). I think I'll sell the one I was using before -- on the right
Tomorrow I'm going to Greenmead Flea Market -- a great little treasure at a local historical village. I'm really excited, since there were wonderful things to be found there in the spring. Unfortunately, my usual shopping buddy, Bargain Hunter, can't go at the same time I can go, so I'm shopping solo. Hopefully, I'll soon be sharing my treasures from Greenmead!

4 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

That yellow cake pan and cover is the cutest. I just love it. I would have jumped on that for sure.

Protector of Vintage said...

Wonderful treasures!! Love it all.

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

GREAT haul! I LOVE the Riviera creamers, the cake carrier and the pickle jars! Totally drooling right now!! :)

crit said...

ahhhhh!!! i swear i just bought that exact reversible tablecloth at a church rummage sale a few weeks ago. we MUST be related!!

can't wait to spend the weekend with you in person and see what treasures we can find.

xoxo
c

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: