Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Last Week's Best Buy

I've been playing 'catch up' for the past week -- I just have too much to do in too little time and I'm pulled in too many directions!

I'm just now getting to post about my thrifting adventures from last week...
My friend and partner-in-thrifting, Bargain Hunter did a great job of describing the wet (and expensive) sales we went to on Friday, so you can read about them here. I got a few more things than she did -- all for the booth -- but I did find one little treasure just for me!

This is the sweetest and most unusual little Christmas tree! It's only 8" tall, is really fragile and, judging from the fancy & thin filigree-curled wire on the branches, I think it's quite old. The 'trunk' is a screw-turned wire shaft and the tiers of branches can be moved up and down by rotating them. At the end of each fancy branch is a very tiny, thin dangling leaf.I know it's not much to show for hours spent going to sales, but sometimes just one little thing makes it all worthwhile!

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Its very cute :o) Scarlett x

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

That's fab, I'm happy just so long as I come home with something! And I am a sucker for a vintage Christmas ornament x

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: