Friday, April 1, 2011

Kid Stuff!

My friend Bargain Hunter always says (about sales), "Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince." She's right!

I went to a sale this morning that was advertised as a 'Moving & Estate Sale'. It was only 2 or 3 miles from my house, so there wasn't much gas or time involved -- good thing, because it was really a frog! The sale was literally 2 short shelf units and 1 small table in a garage -- one set of dishes, some glasses, a pyrex measuring cup and some clothes. That's it! It wasn't even worth getting out of the car for. The funny thing was that there were 3 women 'working' the sale (they must have been expecting a crowd)!

Then I went to another local (10 or 15 miles) sale, run by a real estate sale company. It was mostly new, rather than vintage, but the lady had been a great collector of toys. I was too late for all the Barbie items (missed the Dream House - so sad) but I got some great 70s Fisher-Price, in very good condition and a few odds & ends!
Some aluminum garland, a tree topper & an old tinA pretty blue Vernonware sugar bowlAn F-P doctor's kit with the eye chart (really hard to find)!7 wooden toddler's jigsaw puzzles
An F-P musical radio and an instamatic camera (what 21st century kid is going to recognize this?) that has little pictures inside, like a Viewmaster
Well, I have to go now -- it's time to go do some puzzles...

1 comment:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I love old Fisher Price toys - they go really well on Ebay over here. My parents still have the old FP record player I had as a child - my boys like playing with it but the littlest insists on calling it a CD player!

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: