Monday, April 4, 2011

April Showers bring...Atomic Finds!

It was a rainy day in Michigan today, but that's a good thing -- you don't have to shovel rain! I managed to get out to my local thrift store and picked up 2 wonderful Atomic things!

6 Syracuse China plates with a wonderful star pattern in chartreuse, rust and teal
A fantastic melmac platter in pink, blue & gray (I think I have to keep this one)!Yesterday was 'Dealer Day' at the antique mall and after Bargain Hunter and I finished updating the booth I walked around to see what other people had for sale. I found a Pyrex bowl I just couldn't resist -- it's my newest passion: Flamingo Pink. I think it's actually a casserole missing a lid, but I don't care. Look at how good it looks with the melmac platter!
I had just picked up a Flamingo Pink round cake pan, which is already in the cabinet with the pink striped Pyrex mixing bowls. My British readers might recognize the royal coach tumbler from Queen Elizabeth's coronation on the second shelf. I might share pictures of all my coronation souvenirs (no, I wasn't there...) some day, but that's another post.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Those plates are the coolest, we love atomic prints! Great finds!

Have a great week,
Laura and Michele

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

Great finds!! You're having a great run of luck at the local thrift-good for you!!

Into Vintage said...

Ohh! Those Syracue plates - cute! I've never seen those before. It's rainy here too and sadly, there may a little shoveling required later in the week. Snow. In April. :-(

Deborah said...

Great buys, I love your shelves! :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Lovely stuff, as always. Loving your shelves, they're so cheery!

Hello Vintage said...

Love the mixing bowl set in the bottom picture. Lovely.

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: