Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year and a New Project

I haven't posted in a MONTH!  It's hard to believe because the time has flown by.

I thought the month between Thanksgiving and Christmas was busy before -- all the usual holiday stuff and lots of family coming to stay in the week between Christmas & New Year's.  Now that I've added in a mall booth and a really busy Etsy shop (no complaints here), I've been beyond busy.

We had a wonderful holiday!  All three of our sons, with their wives and girlfriend, were able to be here.  The Florida ones, who work for the Ritz-Marriott hotels in Naples, were even able to be here on Christmas Eve & Christmas, though it's their busiest week there.  What a blessing it was to have everyone together -- we reminisced and caught up, laughed alot, talked alot and ate alot.  It was such a delight to see the grown-up 'boys' and their ladies interact as adults & friends.

So now everyone has all left (sadly), the laundry is started, the house is (almost) straightened up and I'm thinking about getting back to work.  With the luxury of not working a day job (almost) and the basement re-organization well underway, I feel I should have lots of time to get to the projects and items in the basement...and the barn...and the garage.  We'll see...

I was inspired by Gina at Vintage Junk in My Trunk, who had an Etsy 365 Project last year -- she listed at least one item every day and tracked her progress on Facebook and her blog.  If you've never visited VJIMT, check it out -- it's a great blog and her Etsy shops (VJIMT and Vintage Christmas Junk) are filled with fun vintage items.  Anyway, the old saying is that 'Imitation is the highest form of flattery', so I'm hoping Gina will see it that way when I launch the 'Etsy Every Day' project.  All the credit for the idea goes to you, Gina, and if I fail, it will be all on me.  We have lots of travel planned for this year already, and a grandchild to be born in 3 weeks, so there are some possible potholes in the road ahead.
I hope you'll all follow along in this sales journey.  It's always good to tell someone else about a resolution, because it makes you accountable.  Well, I'm telling lots of someone elses and I'll be accountable to all of you.  I'll be posting each day's listing on my Facebook page and will wrap up weekly (hopefully) here on the blog.  Wish me luck and keep checking back!

1 comment:

Gina @ Vintage Junk in My Trunk said...

I'm happy to have been your inspiration, Anne, and thank you for your support throughout my project. I feel like I've made a little dent in my hoard!

I did find that making a public proclamation went a long way in helping me to meet my goal. Vacation time and the holidays were the most difficult times for me; if you can "stock up" on like items it may make it easier.

Good luck in your journey; I'll be rooting for you!
Gina

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: