Friday, August 16, 2013

Barn Sale Finds

Somehow, when it comes from a barn sale, it sounds more exciting...even if it's the same stuff...

I've been getting my 'what were you thinking' items ready for my own yard sale, but still found time to go to several barn sales this weekend.   Here's what I've found...

A lovely copy of a Maxfield Parrish picture.  The seller told me it came from the collection of a former director of the DIA (Detroit Institute of Arts) -- I have no idea if it's true or not, but I liked it.

A weekender sized suitcase and two cabinets (missing their tops -- I'll have to add those).  The price was right, though, and (again) I liked them.

This is VERY cool!  An unused Nutone clock/doorbell/wall chime) 

Little K&M coffee grinder and a couple of jewelry boxes.  I think it's funny that I buy these, since I wear (and collect) almost no jewelry!

The rose pictured jewelry box was filled with pearl necklaces that the seller didn't want.

A couple of twin headboards.  If you can see the prices, they really were just 50 cents each!  I'm hoping to make one of those headboard benches out of them/
That's what I found this week, while I WASN'T shopping -- because I'm getting ready for my yard sale!  What did you find while you WEREN'T shopping?

5 comments:

PoetessWug said...

I sure wish your yard wasn't so far from me, because that jewelry box would be MINE!!! ^_^ I've collected them....Uhhhh...AND jewelry...since I was really young...Keep up the good finding! :-)

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Love the cream color jewelry box!! What neat finds and treasures! :) xo Holly

ThrifterSisters said...

I can't believe you found those headboards for 50 cents apiece! The possibilities of what to do with them are endless!

My dad collects Maxfield Parrish paintings. Someday, I will have quite the collection :-)

~Erica

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Great finds! I can completely see those headboards as benches.

Heather@Tatter and Fray said...

LOOOOOVE the Maxfield Parrish piece! I've been looking for one forever, but never found one. So pretty!

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: