Thursday, June 9, 2011

Giving in to Temptation

I spent so much money last week at garage sales, Midland & Greenmead that I'd promised myself I wouldn't go shopping for a while and would sell some of the stuff I've collected.

Well, my resolve didn't last long -- exactly 3 days...

Yesterday was Senior day at the local thrift, so I just had to go and see what was there -- and I'm really glad I did, because I found some wonderful old things:
5 Libbey Glass merry-go-round animal glasses. I looked for these for a long time!A penguin ice bucket2 enamelware bowlsA 1960s letter holder that I've been watching -- it finally was reduced to 50%. It will look really nice when I'm finished redoing it!An interesting little tabletop jewelry cabinet from the 1960s or 70s3 springtime flower glasses from 19832 Libbey Glass large mix glasses or vases (I'm not sure which) and a 'Flash' collector glass from 1971Two framed Currier & Ives prints -- the framing date on the back is 1953A small 'sewing' rocker -- I have no idea why it's called that. Do any of you know why?I also went to the fabric store to look for some retro fabrics to cover the chair and some footstools. I really love Amy Butler's designs and found 4 that I want to use, but now I'm second guessing myself. What do you think? Should I have gone more shabby chic since I'm planning to put the refurbished pieces in the antique mall booth?

It's going to be really hard not to hit a few garage sales tomorrow, but my basement is starting to look like an episode of 'Hoarders: Buried Alive' and I have enough projects to keep me busy for most of the summer! I'm going to have to try to not give in to temptation again!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Love the animal glasses and penguin ice bucket - so cute...... It's hard to resist when there are bargains to be had.....

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love those carousel glasses. I would have had to have them too.

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: