Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The BIGGEST sale of the weekend?

I went to only one sale last week -- advertised as the 'biggest yard sale of the weekend'.   That's quite a lot to live up to!    It was big and had a mix of old and new.  Just as I got there, it started raining and the seller was covering most of the tables with plastic.  He didn't cover the old glass & dish ware, though, which was what I'd gone for.  He had 3 rows of tables the entire length of his very long driveway and each was full of flat boxes filled with junk merchandise -- most of it filthy and so crud-covered, you could hardly tell its condition.

I had planned to go to a few more sales and then out to the mall, but had such a bad migraine that I had to turn around and go home.  Since the headache lasted all weekend, that little sale -- the biggest sale of the weekend (ha!) -- was the only one I made it to.
Lots of really dirt- & crud-covered stuff!
I got pretty much for not much money, but wasn't sure if it was worth it until I cleaned it up.
Look at how dirty the Oven Serve custards are!  Yuk!
Look how good nice it is!  EVERYTHING looks better when it's clean!  I ended up with 17 Homer Laughline and Taylor, Smith & Taylor Oven Serve custards and handled bowls, 4 Napco & Lefton birthday angels, 6 Mardi Gras Festiveware aluminum cups, two mid-century salt & pepper sets and some great Pyrex.
All clean!
These birthday angels are sweet and, amazingly, have NO cracks or chips!
I know I should sell these three loaf pans, but I'm really thinking of keeping them and starting a collection of them in all the Pyrex colors.  Sweet!
Desert Dawn, Chartreuse and Flamingo Pink loaf pans

1 comment:

ThrifterSisters said...

What a great sale! I would have bought every single thing you got:-) I love those birthday angels. My daughter collects them and I finally found a June one (her birth month) at the flea market a few weeks ago.

Erica

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: