Friday, November 4, 2011

My head above water -- finally!

For the past three months, I've been working on the dinner reservations and seating arrangements for a fund-raising banquet for a charity I support.  They go into the local jail and counsel young men and women who are at one of the worst and lowest points in their lives.  You can read more about Forgotten Man Ministries here.

Anyway, the banquet was last night and we filled the local banquet facility to capacity -- 63 tables of 10 or more each!  There was great food, great music and the testimonies from 5 men and women who are fighting hard against their former lives and addictions.  I'm so thankful that the banquet went well and so thankful that it's OVER!  All I've done in my spare time for the past 2 weeks is juggle tables and reservations and follow-up with people who wanted to attend.

This morning I had planned to go to an estate sale that was only about 1/2 hour from home -- really close by the usual estate sale standards.  I decided to sleep in, though, and have a don't-leave-the-house day.  I don't know about you, but I love it when I don't have to go anywhere!  I worked in the basement (still reorganizing after the flood) and I took lots of pictures for etsy listings.  I'm really excited to get some new listings up for Christmas shoppers.

Tomorrow Bargain Hunter and I are going to an auction that is literally 10 minutes from my house.  How much fun is that! -- close to home AND an auction!  We haven't gone shopping together in a LONG TIME.  It should be lots of fun, though whether the auction will be any good is not so sure.  I'll let you know after tomorrow.

I'm anxious to read what everyone's been doing while I've been buried under table reservations.  I hope you all had a fun (and safe) Halloween and have been finding lots of great deals!

3 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh I love those wonderful days at home. I can get so much more done. That sounds like a wonderful ministry and calling. Good for you. I am sure you are making a very needed difference.

Perfectly Printed said...

I agree... a day at home without having to leave is the best. I find them especially satisfying because I work full time outside my home. How kind of you to volunteer your time!! It is rewarding!!

chris

emily alix said...

I love reading your blog and I nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can read about it here:

http://thriftyvintagekitchen.blogspot.com/2011/11/liebster-blog-award.html

LOVE your blog! :)

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: