Thursday, May 26, 2011

Too, too busy!

Last week I started working as a cashier at the antique mall where Bargain Hunter and I have our booth. Even though it's only been 2 days a week, when it's combined with my other job and all the things I've had going on, I'm just too, too busy! I've been too busy to blog, to work on any projects, to get the vegetables planted in the garden and even too busy to clean my house (oh, darn). I've done a little thrift shopping on the off days, though (never too busy for that) and will soon get some pictures uploaded.

You know what I've learned? Working retail is very different when you're a woman of a 'certain age' than it was when you were in high school! Eight hour days on cement floors really make one's feet hurt.

It's been fun seeing all the great stuff people find to buy, but the downside is that, as I walk the mall helping customers, I find lots of great stuff to buy, to! Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I dimly remember something being said to me about bringing home a paycheck...

3 comments:

Into Vintage said...

If I worked at an antique mall, I would have to hand back my paycheck plus additional cash. Sounds like a very dangerous place to work! :-)

Deborah said...

Wow, you sound so busy! no wonder your feet hurt! I think I'd be spending my earnings as well seeing lots of products :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I would end up owing them extra hours I think - I can imagine it's very dangerous for your bank account!

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: