Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to All!

I miss my mom!
Even though she's been gone almost 20 years, I still find myself wanting to pick up the phone and tell her about a new sewing pattern I found or some craft I'd learned to do. I laugh with my knitting friends about her because she was a leftie and taught me to knit, so I learned to knit left-handed! And I'm constantly reminded by my husband that I'm still Libby's daughter (I'm not sure he always means that as a good thing, either)! I included this pic because it's my favorite one of her and me together. I love to think about her as a young woman -- we only really 'know' our parents as older adults -- and she looks so happy and carefree. I wish I could time-warp back and spend the afternoon with her then!

If your mom (mum) is alive, cherish the time you have with her! If not, share some of your fond memories with someone else so they can get to know her through your eyes.

3 comments:

Protector of Vintage said...

Lovely words and photos!!

Into Vintage said...

Such a sweet post. I miss my mom too - also been almost 20 years that she's been gone...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me to cherish time we have left. I tend to take that for granted. Loved your post!

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: