Saturday, November 23, 2013

Fun Finds: Madame Alexander Baby Doll -- Complete!

I found this sweet Madame Alexander baby doll at the local thrift this week and couldn't pass her up!


She still has the hang-tag tied to her wrist and all of her clothes -- from her hat down to her shoes and socks are original!  She even still has a basket with millinery flowers tied to her other wrist.

Her outfit is tagged 'Precious' by Madame Alexander.  I think she's composition and she looks like she's the same age as my Effanbee Dydee baby from the mid-1950s.  Her clothes, though, look more like 1940s.
She has a sweet face and perfect eyelashes (no bare spots)!

If you read this post and know anything about this baby, please let me know!

3 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Oh she is just gorgeous!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh she's adorable!! Would love to decorate with her :) Have a lovely week!! xo Holly

Anonymous said...

I was sitting here looking at your gorgeous doll and just drooling! She is beautiful! Your doll is named "Precious" as stated and made by the Madame Alexander company. My favorites are the vintage Mme Alexanders! She was made in 1948 to 1951, and is strung hard plastic! These dolls are not easy to find, and your is in WONDERFUL condition!! Book value for her is $350! You have found a real treasure! Congrats!! ~Linda

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: