Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Speed-Shopping Greenmead Flea Market!

Last Sunday was the spring flea market at Greenmead (a historical park in Livonia, Michigan).  I'd been sick all week, but 'forced' myself to go since the market won't come again until September.  We had something to do later in the afternoon so I had to speed shop -- I had to leave at 12:00 noon, which only gave me 2 hours!  I know I skipped some of the vendors and missed some things, but all in all it was a great day.

One of the favorite things that I got was this giant Santa head blowmold -- isn't he great?  Sometimes they're a little creepy, but I think he looks pretty nice.
Here are the rest of my speed-shopping finds...
This sweet Kreamer bread box.  I love the blue trim and the flowers on the front.  The handle is black bakelite and the inside is in perfect condition!
A ceramic spice set in a wooden rack
Gray graniteware pail full of clothespins, a melmac platter with  turquoise Queen Anne's Lace on it , 2 California  pottery dessert dishes and 5 sweet little chick figurines.  I don't think they're really old, but I just couldn't pass them up.
An old wood framed beveled mirror and some salt & pepper sets.  I always like the 'Made in Hong Kong' plastic nativities, too
New old stock stationary and greeting cards -- Father's Day, Mother's Day &  Graduation 
A collection of dish towels
A bunch of 1960s sport cake toppers -- check out the stylin' basketball players in their tightie shorts!
The great deal of the day -- a Texasware confetti bowl...and a kewpie doll
This little sweetie will be a gift for someone (she doesn't do the internet -- or even computers -- so I know I'm safe posting it.).  I just love the little birds all in a row.

3 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

all that in 2 hours?

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Wow what wonderful finds and in a timely matter too!! :) Have a great weekend! xo Holly

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

I saw your blow mold Santa with your name on it! Great finds!!!

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: