Monday, June 3, 2013

A Crazy Two Weeks!

I haven't posted in a while -- it's been a crazy, up-and-down two weeks.

It started with a trip to Bowling Green, Kentucky for my son's wedding.   Mr. KV and I went two days early so we could help out if they needed us.  We stopped on the way down at Jeffrey's Antiques in Findlay, Ohio (one of my favorites) and I found a few treasures.  We ate at Skyline Chili (always a requirement on any trip through a state that has them).

On Thursday, we had the afternoon free, so I dragged took Mr. KV on a 'typical' junking expedition.  Since Bowling Green is a college town, there are LOTS of consignment and thrift shops -- we weren't able to get to even half of them.  We went to Salvation Army (a real hole -- almost empty and totally filthy), St. Vincent de Paul, Goodwill, Volunteers of America and a consignment shop called Grandma's Attic.  Grandma's Attic was so dirty!  It had all the dirt and atmosphere of a picker's sale, with none of the goodies.  Mr. KV was so grossed out that it made me laugh (he should see some of the sales I go to...)!

This pic makes Grandma's Attic look much better than it really is!
The gem of the junk-hunting trip was Junkyard Gypies.  If you're ever in Bowling Green, be sure to stop there -- it was marvelous!  I got quite a few things, including a couple of Mexican themed tablecloths and some Pyrex.
Junkyard Gypsies -- this entire house is FULL!
Oh, yes, we also had a wedding...

The ceremony was lovely, the reception was a blast and now the happy couple is on their honeymoon in Iceland (yes, you read right...Iceland)!  Not the typical honeymoon site, but it's got it all -- mountains, waterfalls, hot springs to swim in, puffins, whales and romance.

The newlyweds were able to hang around in Bowling Green for an extra day and a half before the honeymoon, so we got to spend some time together with them and my other two sons and their wife & girlfriend.  It was a rare treat for the 8 of us to be together, since we're scattered across the country.

I came home from BG on Memorial Day with what I thought was allergies -- I figured something was blooming there that we didn't have in Michigan.  By Tuesday afternoon, I realized I was sick -- I was down all the way through Sunday with a cold/flu.  I forced myself out of the sickbed to go to Greenmead Flea Market, since it's one of my favorites and it won't come again until September.  I found some great stuff there, too, but that's another post.

So, that's what's been going on with me!  Now I need to catch up on what all of you have been doing.

1 comment:

TammysVintage Finds said...

Congrats on your son's wedding! Can't wait to see your finds. Hope you are feeling better now.


Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: