Friday, February 17, 2012

Fun Finds at the Local Thrift!

I made a quick trip to the local thrift store after work the other day and found a few really nice things, including a couple of unusual ones.  Since I arrived well after the 'bric-a-brac' shelf stockers had gone home, it meant that other people had just not noticed these great things!  I didn't see the gravy boat or carafe on my first trip through, but I always walk around one more time to see if I missed anything.  I'm glad I did!
Pyrex Spring Blossom Cinderella mixing bowls
A juice carafe, a gravy boat & a REALLY big old glass fish bowl.  It was pretty dirty, so I think people didn't want to mess with it.  I don't know how old it is, but there are bubbles in the glass (does that mean anything)?  Even if it's not old, I thought it would be great in the booth for display.
Here is GREAT FIND #1:  A Metlox Poppytrail Contempora pattern gravy boat. 
Isn't it fantastic?  I just LOVE this mid-century stuff!  I wish I could keep it all!
GREAT FIND #2:  a wonderful 1950s carafe! 
The handle looks like black bakelite (but isn't) and the silver is painted inside the neck.  It was made by Inland Glass and is labeled 'Hand Blown' and even has it's original cork stopper (which is often missing).  It's in really good condition, but was pretty dirty.  Do you think that's why people skipped it?
So my quick trip (and long day) and final walk-through paid off! 

2 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Curious how much you paid for the bowls. I want to add to my collection but not sure what a good buy price is. What about small fridgies?

Melissa said...

Oh I'd love to be able to take the spring blossom bowls off your hands... It's the only pattern I collect and I can't seem to find it in my area! :(

Post a Comment

This is my favorite part! Please leave me a comment -- I always love to hear from you: